Nutritional Benefits of Squid
Korea has sustained itself heavily on the bounty of the ocean for many years. It is for this reason that the country has developed a taste for many items that we in the west might not be terribly accustomed to, like the squid.
You can try our spicy stir-fried squid dish at our Lynnwood Korean restaurant, which is a delicious way to reap the following nutritional benefits:
- Heart Health: Squid is a good source of vitamin B3 and B12, which regulate blood sugar and lower homocysteine levels. It also gives you a good dose of potassium, which is good at countering high blood pressure caused by high sodium levels. This all adds up to a lower risk of stroke, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Superior Immune System: The zinc in squid is a crucial part of maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Strong Teeth and Bones: Squid gives you the phosphorus you need to help calcium build up your teeth and skeletal system.
- Lower Arthritis Risk: Arthritis can be linked to low levels of selenium, which can be found abundantly in squid.
- Relaxation: Magnesium, a substance commonly used for relaxation, is found in squid. This element helps ease tension in your nerves and muscles. Meanwhile, the vitamin B2 found in squid can help to prevent migraine headaches.
Visit Gangnam Korean Restaurant in Lynnwood today!